Mosedale Gillatt Architects were commissioned to design this coastal regeneration project that successfully combines community needs with a landmark visitor attraction in Newbiggin by the Sea.
- CABE – Sea Change project
- Exhibition – features the ‘Mary Joicey’ – the last offshore lifeboat to ever sail from Newbiggin by the Sea
- Consultation – from initial feasibility through to completion on site
- Multi-use building – featuring a cafe, shop, exhibition and gallery space and function rooms
- Community led – client was Newbiggin Heritage Partnership
- Sensitive location– Situated adjacent to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and in close proximity to the Grade 1 listed church.
- Town regeneration – provides the focal point to the promenade of this rejuvenated sea town.
- Awards – RICS (Community Benefit) Commendation